Focus on two flagship projects of EDF International Networks in Africa Smart Grids, smart meters, delegated management, live works, smart planning, advanced monitoring functions…Discover two emblematic projects of our international expertise in Africa.
Formulation of a customized smart planning to face the future needs of the electricity distribution networks – Morocco
Our mission? Analyzing the evolution of the long-term electricity demand and predicting the investment needs over the next 20 years to ensure the supply of power for 6.5 millions of people.
Our experts have provided a personalized solution to satisfy customer demand:
- Analysis of the demand evolution
- Calculation of the needed network load
- Integration of renewable energies on the Moroccan network
- Recommendations for adapting the network to be able to answer to the current and future needs
- Evaluation of the investment needs over the next 20 years
- Transfer of know-how to the client’s teams
The result ?
The decrease of the number of outages and blackouts, losses reduction, decrease of the CAPEX, for total savings of 106 million euros.
Performance contract – Congo
The problem encountered by our client, the SNE (Société Nationale d’Électricité – National Electricity Corporation)? Addressing the challenges of the reform in the electricity sector, improving the quality of the supply and facing the growing energy demand in the country.
To answer the latter, our experts have deployed a global approach based on the following points:
- A diagnosis of the existing situation
- A strategic plan thus suggested
- An implementation thanks to the presence of 4 expatriated experts based on:
- The skill improvement of human resources: support for the Top Management of SNE
- An emergency plan from 2014 to 2016 to decrease the number of blackouts
- A smart planning HV, MV and LV from 2015 to 2030
- The decrease of non-technical losses
The results ?
- Decline of the number of blackouts from 50 in 2013 to 5 in 2016 and decrease of their length
- Increase of fraud detection from 2407 in 2013 to 30500 in 2016
- Financial gain of 14 million euros a year for SNE